Saturday 13 April 2013

No.4 I've fallen in love .......... with a bike!

What an exciting week! Although I've had back issues to deal with I have had plenty of 'bike' time without actually being on the road :-)

The phone call finally came to say that our Condor Fratello frames had arrived into the workshop! The team at Red Kite Cycles have done an amazing job at building our bikes and going in for our fittings was a dream experience.

Having a bike fit is very satisfying. Knowing that you are starting out with every part of your body in the correct place is certainly good for your confidence, especially after the slightly humiliating need of help to 'get my leg over'!

Bike during fitting

Even without the finishing touches I could feel the love for my bike already. Tic Tac and I (yes I have named my bike) will be spending an obscene amount of time together so I guess love is a good thing :-) I seriously didn't want to leave her after the fitting but couldn't wait to see her in all her glory!

So, today was the day we went to collect our bikes. My face is still aching from the amount of grinning I have done. She is a beauty! I am slightly overwhelmed by my feelings to be honest. A lot of time was spent admiring, grinning and admiring some more. This is it. This is the beginning. I have so much to learn and deal with over the coming months but I am ready for it!

Meet Tic Tac!

As we travelled home with our new purchases Graeme turned to me, smiled and said 'I was just thinking about how far you've come ....' Says it all really :-) 

Team WheelchairtoSaddle - Tic Tac & Ginger Nuts


No comments:

Post a Comment